- a challenging job within a global pharmaceutical company
- a versatile role with broad responsibilities
- a temporary contract for at least 24 months, and the possibility of a permanent employment directly at our client
As the Associate Director of Maintenance Engineering you hold a key position in guaranteeing the optimal availability and functionality of installations, systems, and buildings within the Maintenance department. This pivotal role involves overseeing corrective and preventive maintenance activities in alignment with GMP guidelines, with a core focus on maximizing equipment uptime, minimizing downtime, and enhancing overall equipment efficiency (OEE). Additionally, you will manage modifications, small projects, and the Maintenance team while ensuring compliance, quality assurance, and readiness for audits and inspections. As a strategic leader, you will spearhead initiatives to optimize production processes, manage personnel matters, and uphold safety standards, contributing significantly to the overall success of our manufacturing facility.
You will develop and implement maintenance strategies aligned with business objectives, providing guidance and direction to the Maintenance team. As a manager you guide and support a team composed of a team leader and maintenance engineers, facilitating performance assessment, training, development, and cultivating a positive work environment. You will optimize maintenance strategies, manage budgets, supervise the maintenance team, and collaborate with other departments to enhance production processes. And you ensure that all activities are in compliance with GMP guidelines, safety regulations, and industry standards, as well as readiness for audits and inspections. You work closely with cross-functional teams to coordinate maintenance activities and minimize disruptions to operations.
- degree in Engineering or related field (master’s degree preferred)
- proven experience in maintenance leadership within pharmaceutical or similar manufacturing environment
- analytical skills and knowledge of maintenance
- in-depth knowledge of maintenance strategies, TPM, Six Sigma, and Lean principles
- strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- familiarity with regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry
- good command of English, both orally and in writing
Our client is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Their employees are at the core of their success, with colleagues in over 80 countries, delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. They offer a unique, diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and they have built a promising pipeline centred around their core therapeutic areas. They are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both their generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how they improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to MSP/24-104-DD, to Björn Baarveld: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call, text or Whatsapp Björn via +31 (0)6 51 98 16 13.
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks Secondment & Interim as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.
Is this not quite the position you are looking for? Please check our website for other interesting positions!