- a challenging job within a large pharmaceutical company
- a temporary assignment till at least July 2020
- contract of Derks & Derks Secondment and Interim
Our client is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Their employees are at the core of their success, with colleagues in over 80 countries, delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. They offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and they have built a promising pipeline centred around their core therapeutic areas. They are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both their generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how they improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives.
As a Packaging Engineer you are responsible to provide subject matter expertise to support the packaging technology team. The Combination Product & Devices (CPD) Team is managing a portfolio of legacy and new combination projects. There are developmental & technical challenges, problem investigations and continuous improvements to overcome, solve and implement. Examples of medical devices used are Pre-Filled Syringes (PFS), pen injectors and auto injectors, combination kits. As Packaging Engineer you will be leading packing related activities for combination product development. The majority activities are related to secondary and tertiary pack design, development, verification and validation for combination products and authoring and reviewing design control documentation. You will have extensive knowledge of the relevant regulations, directives, guidelines and standards relevant to the development of packaging for combination products. Your creativity, knowledge and experience will enable you to identify and to resolve complex packaging related problems. You will also be responsible for managing external engineering resources and for supporting and mentoring other members of the Packaging Team.
The role is global and will require to work across all phases of the projects. You will be part of a cross-functional team and will be required to contribute to multiple projects in parallel supporting all SDT portfolio device projects.
- S. or PhD degree in Packaging, Packaging Materials, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Engineering with packaging work experience and proven track record (on the Market).
- At least 7 years’ experience in packaging development, from concept to commercialisation or equivalent in pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry.
- Solid proficiency in MS Word, Excel and MS projects.
- Training in Design Controls, medical device risk management and European Medical Device Directive/Regulations (preferred).
- Outstanding understanding of the desirable, feasible, viable approach and able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical approaches.
- Exhibition of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to DT/20-026-XX, to Djamila Hagemans: email@example.com.
For further information, please call Djamila Hagemans at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our Client has chosen Derks & Derks Secondment & Interim as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.