- independent and responsible laboratory position
- developing rapid diagnostic tools in a Biotech Start-up
- small, driven and ambitious team
- direct impact on clinical studies
As Research Technician you will be responsible for the validation of clinical important biomarkers and the development of ELISA assays. These assays will be both aptamer as well as antibody based. You will be optimizing the ELISA assays planning and carrying out all experiments in a timely and effective manner. Also, you will process the results and discuss them with the rest of the team. Furthermore, you will be managing the laboratory supplies and make sure there is a sterile and safe working environment.
Do you want to work within a strong scientific development environment and are you looking for an open, flexible and driven team? Then this role is for you!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in science: hbo (hlo) or wo bachelor in Biomedicine or similar studies
- at least 2 years of experience with ELISA based assays and/or assay development
- experience with human samples e.g. serum and tissue samples
- hepatitis B vaccination
- in possession of a valid Dutch work permit
- responsible, proactive, driven and structured
- excellent communication skills and fluent in English (written as well as spoken)
Our client is a Leiden based biotech start-up company that specializes in biomarker discovery and the organization of clinical studies. Founded by a couple of enthusiastic, driven, and ambitious entrepreneurs they focus on the development of rapid diagnostic tools. Currently, they have conducted clinical studies for the discovery of novel biomarkers and together with several academic hospitals they are currently validating the identified biomarkers in large clinical studies for two different indications.
The team is characterized by passion, entrepreneurship, and an open culture. They regularly organize activities outside work and there is a strong commitment to the organization from every colleague.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to WL/23-279, to Tim van Loon: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information you can call, text or WhatsApp with Tim van Loon on number +31 (0)6 20 79 77 21
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.