Derks & Derks
Pivotal role within a large biopharmaceutical company / Investing in growth of the team and company
- core position within an ambitious and growing company
- leading a highly talented team, possibility to invest in growth of the team
- multi-responsibility and multi-interface position
- attractive benefits package
Our client is an international, (bio)pharmaceutical company, and active around the entire globe. The site in the northern Netherlands is a multi-product and multi-client site with development and manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for both clinical trials and commercial production. With state-of-the-art development and manufacturing facilities, they serve both midsize and large pharmaceutical companies. More than half or their clients are midsize businesses. Many of these clients are transforming the way pharmaceuticals are developed and commercialized with a new vision for their business model. Our client’s services is their means to make that vision into reality. On the other hand capacity, responsiveness and reliable quality are the reasons for large pharmaceutical companies to trust on our clients expertise. In order to maintain consistent management of their clinical and commercial, contract manufacturing projects, we are looking for a Senior Manager Program Management.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the team of Program Managers (PM), each managing up to three biologics programs comprised of development, clinical and commercial scopes, as well as for the development of the PM team members. The PM team is responsible for the management of intake, execution and close-out of clinical and commercial contract manufacturing projects. This includes technical screening, process development, technology transfer and delivery of the final bulk drug substance and documentation to the clients. Besides leading this team and their projects, your tasks include revenue forecasting and monitoring of project budgets to ensure a profitable business. You become part of a matrix organization, in which you will plan and deliver all stages of a project, including upstream and downstream process development, analytical method development and qualification and equipment purchase and qualification. Furthermore, you coordinate decision making within the team, resolve project team issues, and update the site leadership team members on program status and challenges. You are responsible for managing financial aspects of the projects, and act as primary liaison with business development in support of new business. You will get to work in a fast-paced industry of innovators and CMO’s, so you must be able to shift gear quickly and find a balance in interaction with customer interfaces and internal stakeholders. You will report to the Senior Director Program Management.
- graduate degree in Life Sciences or Engineering, MBA is desirable
- certification (PMP or Six Sigma) is preferred
- at least 8 years of relevant experience in (technical) leadership roles within a comparable environment
- a minimum of 3 years of Program Management experience is preferred
- very strong understanding of CMO’s for Development and Clinical biopharmaceuticals
- strong communicator who adopts a logical approach and is able to interact effectively with project teams and clients
- understanding of financial analysis, forecasting, tracking, and reporting for projects vs. the allocated budgets
- ability to interact and communicate with internal and external senior management and explain a topic in the appropriate context for full understanding
- Strong skills in: persuasion, pragmatism, decisiveness, assertiveness, able to build support
- excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Dutch is preferred.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by Email, with reference to WS/19-027-DD to Vera Hudepohl: email@example.com.
For further information, please call Vera Hudepohl at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.