Derks & Derks
Interesting and challenging position as a Scientist within a fast-growing biotech start-up
- dynamic position at a biotech start-up;
- science driven environment
- part of an enthusiastic team that is building the company from the ground up
- competitive salary package with the possibility to work part-time
Our client is a fast-growing biotech start-up, based in the Amsterdam Area, with a focus on the rare diseases and immune-oncology. Powered by their proprietary technology, the scientists are obtaining a unique and more comprehensive understanding of disease biology. These insights enable them to rapidly identify and validate targets and focus on the development of medicines with the greatest potential to impact the lives of patients. Because of the growth of the organisation, they are currently looking for a Scientist.
As a Scientist you will be responsible for part of the daily execution of one or more projects. This can involve projects in early stage target discovery up to late pre-clinical stage. You are able to set and plan according to timelines and budgets and to define milestones and deliverables to monitor project progression. You are also able to work and thrive in a dynamic environment. As a Scientist you will independently plan and execute a research project, perform wet lab experiments and maintain contact with Contract Research Organisations (CRO’s) and monitor their work. Also, you will develop novel assays for target discovery and development, absorb and apply existing technologies and troubleshoot and improve techniques to streamline operations.
- a PhD (or MD) in relevant subject such as Biology, Pharmacy or Chemistry
- basic knowledge and expertise in immunology, biochemistry, cell biology, neuro-biology, small molecule screening, assay development or medicinal chemistry
- experience in Biotech/Pharma or related commercial environment is an advantage
- proven and career appropriate productivity as illustrated by first author publications in top-tiered international journals or patents
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, energy and enthusiasm
- team player with excellent command of English in written and spoken word
- attention for detail and high experimental and scientific standards
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to WL/19-057-DD, to Toon Fleminks or Sophie van Baalen : email@example.com.
For further information, please call Toon Fleminks or Sophie van Baalen at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.