Derks & Derks
Pivotal role within a large biopharmaceutical company / Being part of a growing company
- core position within an ambitious and growing company
- part of a highly talented team
- highly responsible and multi-interface position
- attractive benefits package
Our client is an international, (bio)pharmaceutical company, and active around the entire globe. The site in the northern Netherlands is a multi-product and multi-client site with development and manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for both clinical trials and commercial production. With state-of-the-art development and manufacturing facilities, they serve both midsize and large pharmaceutical companies. More than half or their clients are midsize businesses. Many of these clients are transforming the way pharmaceuticals are developed and commercialized with a new vision for their business model. Our client’s service is their means to make that vision into reality. On the other hand capacity, responsiveness and reliable quality are the reasons for large pharmaceutical companies to trust on our clients expertise. In order to maintain consistent management of their clinical and commercial contract manufacturing projects, they are looking for a Program Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the intake, execution and close-out of commercial contract manufacturing projects. This goes from technical screening, through technology transfer and process development, to delivery of the final bulk product and documentation to the clients. This entails monitoring and guarding of the (internal) project budgets, in order to ensure profitable business for the company. In addition, as Program Manager you assist the Business Manager in the acquisition of new projects. Other responsibilities are managing the project team member/project participants to deliver their assigned project tasks/results, which includes (but is not limited to) scientists, production supervisors, validation engineers and technicians from all departments contributing resources to the project. You mobilize all appropriate resources within the company for doing a proper feasibility check and you assure definition of appropriate project specifications for each project agreed by the client. Furthermore, you manage the program financials including revenue adherence and invoice delivery to ensure financial business targets are met. You assure allocation of adequate budgets in terms of time, money and resources for these projects. You will report to the Senior Manager Program Management, and you provide regular input to site management on operational (cost) standards, efficiency and capacity utilization optimization.
- graduate degree in Life Sciences or Engineering, MBA is desirable. A technical background in GMP with a BSc in a relevant scientific discipline is necessary
- certification (PMP or Six Sigma) is preferred
- experience with Biotechnology and Project Management, operating at an academic level
- at least 5 years related experience in technical leadership roles. Typically more than 8 years industry experience
- a minimum of 3 years of Program Management experience is preferred
- understanding of biopharmaceutical product lifecycles
- strong communicator who adopts a logical approach and is able to interact effectively with project teams and clients
- ability to understand and interpret technical and business documents and apply appropriate actions
- ability to interact and communicate with internal and external management and explain a topic in the appropriate context for full understanding
- strong skills in: persuasion, pragmatism, decisiveness, assertiveness, able to build support
- excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Dutch is preferred.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by Email, with reference to WS/19-049-DD to Vera Hudepohl: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please call Vera Hudepohl at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.