Derks & Derks
Challenging marketing management position – prepare the organization for the launch of a new product
- international role within a fast growing biotech organization
- dynamic, direct and international culture, matrix organization
- strategic and operational management position, building up the marketing department
- good salary and competitive remuneration package
Our client is focused on cell-based immunotherapy products, as an adjunctive to a haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT), for the treatment of blood cancers and inherited blood disorders. The Company’s product has the potential to make allergenic HSCT safer and more effective for patients. Based on the positive results from the trials with this lead product in patients with blood cancer, the company submitted a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) in April 2017, for approval across the European Union as an adjunctive treatment in HSCT for malignant disease. In addition, the organization has received regulatory approval in various countries to start dosing patients in a Phase III trial that will be performed across Europe and North America. Their product has been granted Orphan Drug Designations both in the US and Europe. The Company’s second product candidate, will address beta thalassemia, an inherited blood disorder. Also the organization was granted and Advanced Therapy medicinal Product (ATMP) certificate for manufacturing quality and non-clinical data by the EMA. The Company’s shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels. Because they expect to be launching their product in 2020, they are looking for a Head of Marketing who will buildup the EU marketing department.
Our client is preparing themselves for the launch of their new product. The Head of Marketing will define and own the brand strategy for the launch across Europe. You will also define the positioning of the brand in the market. You will make sure that al the content and deliverables that are needed for the launch are ready. This includes online and offline materials, but also the infrastructure that is needed for patient engagement. You are responsible for the commercial engagement plan, you will be attending congresses, webinars and build a relation with their KOL’s. It is also important that you create the commercial training materials and train the commercial teams using the right tools and information.
It is important that you take the lead in (commercial) project teams, since you are responsible for building the marketing department. You will be working closely with the Commercial Director and the sales department as well as the medical team. You define the marketing channel strategy for the launch, but also take the lead in the development of all associated content and materials.
- university degree or higher with marketing accreditation
- experience within a similar international marketing position, capable of building a department with a tight deadline
- experience with strategic and operational marketing / multichannel plans
- international marketing management experience for a product launch;
- strong project and vendor management skills
- experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is a musthave. Experience within the oncology or hematology is strongly preferred
- you are a strong teamplayer, and you have the ability to work in cross-functional teams within a matrix organization
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by Email, with reference to WL/18-117-DD, to Toon Fleminks: email@example.com.
For further information, please call Toon Fleminks at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our Client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.