Derks & Derks
Challenging Management Team role within an international and fast growing organization
- challenging international business management position
- ability to explore the market and seize the opportunities
- international traveling required
- member of the Management Team of the organization
Our client, Pivot Park Screening Centre, is an organization specialized in the scientific research. They provide highly regarded screening assessments and research programs. Their long-standing experience in an early drug discovery and state-of-art High Troughput Screening infrastructure provides their partners with the best confirmed leads. The High Troughput Screening (HTS) is a widely applied approach to find starting points for the development of new medicines. The organization are continuously expending their knowledge and experiences, which benefits both in the scientific community and their partners. The organization is growing fast and to reach their future goals, they are searching for someone who can utilize the international opportunities within Asia and the United States.
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement an international growth strategy for the organization. Based on facts, data and analyses, you formulate a strategic plan in which you are not only responsible for the drafting, but also for implementation. The Global Business Development Director will also segment the market and focus in particular on the opportunities offered by Asia (Japan) and United States. The Global Business Development Director is responsible for managing and developing European relations.
Furthermore, the Global Business Development Director is responsible for sales and marketing and will also conduct a competitive analysis to identify the (EU, Asia and U.S.) market and therefore the opportunities. The Global Business Development Director will focus on the growth markets, where the Business Development Manager will focus on Europe. The aim is to add and acquire new customers who will use the services of Pivot Park Screening Centre.
The Global Business Development Director is expected to be mostly abroad to engage in a dialogue with the target group (40% -60% traveling). The ideal candidate enjoys and is experienced in entering into and developing relationships abroad and is experienced. The Global Business Development Director is a commercial sparring partner for the client and its own organization and also strong in terms of content. Keeping in touch with the Pivot Park Screening Centre and involving its project managers in his / her plans and results is crucial. Together they come to a planning, objectives are formulated, and a budget plan is drawn up.
- university degree or higher with a preference for a Phd, Pharmacy, biology or chemical background
- a minimum of 7 years of experience within an international sales position
- knowledge of, affinity with and understanding of the pharmaceutical R&D field
- a network in the Asian or American pharmaceutical market is recommended
- demonstratable acquisition results, excellent negotiation skills, data-driven and market-oriented
- strong conceptual capacity to translate organizational developments into commercial results
- business economic knowledge and experience with managing results
- living in the Netherlands and willingness to travel (40%-60%)
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to WS/20-031-DD, to Toon Fleminks : firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please call Toon Fleminks at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment is part of the selection procedure.
Our Client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.