Derks & Derks Detachering
A diverse role in supply chain for the distributors in the Middle East and Africa, for a pharmaceutical company.
- Diverse role with a international character
- Good opportunities to develop in the organisation
- Temporary role till the end of 31-03-2019
Our client manufactures and markets high-quality drugs in a diversity of fields. The organisation has been undergoing substantial growth and expects to become a global top ten player. In Europe our client produces, develops and markets products through a network of affiliated companies. The European R&D and manufacturing activities are concentrated in the Netherlands. The Location in Leiden is searching for a Customer Operations Manager to support the team.
As a Customer Operations Manager you are responsible for the optimal and reliable logistics performance for the supply of products to business partners in the Middle East, North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Therefore you define, maintain and adapt optimal supply, inventory and planning processes for finished and bulk products supplied to distributors. You deliver according to the agreed terms, budgets, standards and procedures while optimising the business performance. Therefore you ensure the supply is performed in compliance with the agreed (logistics) terms of the relevant agreements. You establish and manage effective communication with manufacturing and distributors to ensure delivery according the requested service level. Further you establish and manage good cross functional communication (with distributors, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affiliates, F&A, ICT), to ensure the supply in accordance with the requirements and logistics processes. Next to this you maintain reliable, robust, effective, efficient and compliant logistics processes for these supplies. You also take initiative and manage changes to improve logistics efficiencies and costs for example by optimising supply batch sizes, lead times and processes. You manage implementation of any required logistics changes related to changes for regulatory compliance, marketing and packaging with the distributors, Manufacturing and Artwork Developers. You will report to the manager of the department and work together with the team.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Logistics or an other relevant field
- Ability to manage logistics processes across cultural boundaries
- Forecasting, stock planning and supply management experience
- Ability to execute ERP (SAP) integrated processes, including integrations with other business processes like finance
- Business skills to deal with external parties based on long term relationships
- Ability to give presentations to senior management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a logistics function
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and ERP (SAP) system execution
- Good verbal and written English skills, preferably also other languages like Dutch, French or Arabic
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by Email, with reference to DT/18-098-DD, to Sandra van Putten: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please call Sandra van Putten at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.