Derks & Derks
Challenging Business Development position within an ambitious and growing organisation
- responsible and strategic position
- direct influence on the sales, marketing and strategy of the company
- building and maintaining internal and external relationships
Our client is a fast-growing contract development organisation for the pharmaceutical industry. They assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. The organisation provides a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of molecule-to-medicine development and manufacturing services. They are operating from six sites in Europe, the headquarters is situated in Belgium. In the position of Corporate Business Development Director, you will be part of the Corporate Leadership Team and you will chair the corporate sales and marketing meetings. It is a new position within this ambitious and growing organisation, you will have lots of opportunities to further develop the corporate sales, marketing and commercial strategy!
As a Corporate Business Development Director, you will secure and retain business for all the Business Units through consultative, proactive sales and marketing activities. Your primary focus will be on marketing and selling their enhanced value propositions: you will seek for synergies between the different Business Units and position the organisation as a primary or preferred service provider. You will have direct responsibility for global prospection and assigned key accounts. Moreover, you will work closely with the expert sales functions and Business Unit Directors, to share commercial information, exchange leads and leverage opportunities. As a Corporate Business Developer, you will be responsible for the overall top line performance of the company. You will drive revenue to achieve the ambitious growth targets of the organisation. Furthermore, you will network and represent the organisation at local, national and international meetings, exhibitions and trade shows. You will provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- master’s degree or PhD in Science or Business
- minimum 10 years of experience in Business Development at C-level
- proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- working experience in global pharma of early phase biotech market
- you have a visibly demonstrate care for customers
- you are a true motivator; you build and sustain cooperative working relationships and you are able to work effectively with colleagues in a variety of settings
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to WS/20-033-DD, to Tim van Loon: email@example.com.
For further information, please call Tim van Loon at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment is part of the selection procedure.