Exciting commercial role with challenging managerial responsibility
- exciting and challenging position within leading pharmaceutical organisation
- responsible, strategic and high profile role within a growing company
- challenging combination of commerce and leadership
- working in a proactive, driven, and lean organisation
As Associate Director Key Account Management you will be leading the strategic account planning for five top accounts. Also, this position includes sales management for the Therapeutic Specialists for smaller accounts. You will aim for long-term collaboration between our client and the accounts strengthening mutual aim in improving health care. You will establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders, including hospital board and will be recognized as trusted and preferred partner. In this position you will partner with Medical Affairs, Market Access, Government and Public Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies. The strategy spans across the organisation with focus on HIV and includes HCV, IFI and Cell Therapy. Furthermore, you will manage the account/project budget and project timelines. Another important aspect of the position is leading the Sales Team with all aspect of optimal sales management in a challenging environment. This includes goals and plan setting, coaching, problem solving, training and monitoring of deliverables. There will be two direct reports. You will aim for an environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their tenure or standing within the organisation.
- a Master’s degree preferably in the field of Business or Life Sciences
- demonstrated track record of key account management and sales management within the pharmaceutical industry in the Netherlands
- preferably recent experience within virology
- strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute development strategy
- excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among cross functional teams
- ability to analyse complex issues, execute sound judgment and make decisions
- excellent and demonstrable command of written and spoken English and Dutch
Our client is a research-based biopharmaceutical company with 17 marketed products, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who otherwise could not afford them. Their product portfolio consists of products for HIV, Hepatitis, Oncology and Anti-fungal. You will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people to live healthier, more fulfilling lives. By joining this client, you will become part of their mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. With approximately forty colleagues based in Amsterdam, the organisation has significantly grown in the past few years. They are offering this exciting and challenging opportunity for a talented and experienced Key Account Manager. The position will be reporting to the Business Unit Director and is based in the local office in Amsterdam.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to WL/021-030-DD, to Tim van Loon: email@example.com.
For further information, please call Tim van Loon at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.